What to expect from a TD active Photography Holiday
TD active Holidays | 05 October 2021
Do you want to see new places, experience new cultures and meet new people? Are you looking to practice your photography in a new and unique location, full of colour and life? Then look no further than our Photography Holidays in partnership with Dublin Photography School. Stewart Kenny, an award-winning fine art landscape photographer, and one other expert tutor joins all of our tours to provide expert guidance, as well as tutorials and demonstrations along the way to ensure that you take full advantage of the spectacular photographic opportunities. With a wide range of exciting handpicked destinations, our photography holidays have a massive emphasis on shooting from the hip, capturing National Geographic style images.
You don’t need to be a “photography pro” to join one of our adventures. Our photography holidays are suitable for anyone seeking to develop their digital photography skills. So whether you are a beginner or practice photography at a more advanced level, our holidays have something to offer you. As each photography holiday is unique, the many and varied techniques, demos and tips may change from one photography adventure to the next. Your Dublin Photography School tutors will be present on-site at all times to answer any photography questions or queries that you may have. By combining hands-on tuition and advice at each unique location, the Dublin Photography School tutors aim to help you achieve the best results from your camera, depending on the varying weather and lighting conditions from one day to the next.
Here is what you can expect to learn if you join us for a Photography Holiday with Dublin Photography School:
- Escape auto mode and learn to master your camera’s manual settings so as to unleash its full potential.
- Learn the principles of composition and how to shoot creatively by freezing action or creating long exposures.
- Receive hands-on abstract, macro and nature photography tips.
- Develop a documentary or reportage/street style photography mindset for when you are day-tripping during your free time around the city.
- Receive hands-on composition, abstract, macro and nature photography tips, which can be, used anywhere, from sandy beaches to picturesque coastal villages and countryside.
- Take a step out of your comfort zone and learn how to photograph in low light situations, creating (for example) dazzling star trails, silky water effects and dusk long exposures.
- Start to use your white balance effectively.
- Receive detailed and hands-on filter demonstrations to enhance your photography.
- Demos and hands-on tuition throughout the trip.
- DSLR camera/Mirrorless Camera or Bridge Camera with full manual controls
- Wide angle & zoom lens (10-20mm or 18-55mm, 24-70mm, 18-135mm or 18-200mm)
- Prime/fixed lens (50mm is ideal or a-a 35mm)
- Telephoto lens (70-200mm or 70-300mm – recommended but not essential)
- Sturdy Tripod (a tabletop or particularly light tripods are not suitable)
- Wired remote control / wireless remote control (phone apps can be used where possible, however, functionality can be limited by battery life)
- Spirit Level
- Circular polarizing filter
- ND & ND Grad filters: A Cokin set with ring and holder (nd 4 stop & nd grad 4 stop medium blend)
- A spare battery is recommended, but not essential
As well as having expert tuition from Dublin Photography School included, we look after everything from your flights, transfers, accommodation, some meals, local expert guide & a range of exciting excursions, meaning all you have to do is turn up to the airport with your camera and passport! Tempted to join us for a travel photography adventure? Then make sure you check out our exciting range of Photography destinations. You do not want to miss your chance to join us and Dublin Photography School on a once in a lifetime adventure.
You Might also like
- TD active Holidays
- 08 April 2022
With year-round sunshine, ancient medinas, cosmopolitan cities, sandy beaches, barren desserts, impressive mountain ranges, rich cultural heritage and tasty cuisine, a trip to Morocco has something fo ...